Thurgood Marshall Leadership Academy
view all jobs from this employer
Part-time Math Specialist|
|Post Date:||Jun 17, 2016||Type:||Part time|
|Start Date:||ASAP||Salary:||- n/a -|
US - Indiana - FORT WAYNE
||Job Reference:||- n/a -|
1. Screens students to establish proper math level placement.
2. Assists classroom teachers in selection of students needing special math instruction.
3. Provides diagnostic, prescriptive and evaluative services for identified students.
4. Provides individual and small group instruction for identified students.
5. Assists with the administration of state and local math tests.
6. Confers with the principal on the needs of the math program.
7. Acts as a resource teacher in math to regular classroom teachers by assisting
them in organizing their math program, selecting materials, suggesting teaching
techniques and relating their instructional program to the special needs of students.
8. Gives demonstration lessons in the teaching of math as requested or required.
9. Assists in the establishment and development of school math curriculum.
10. Provides math resources for teachers, aides and parents.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree with appropriate Indiana licensure; would prefer degree in Mathematics
Physical and emotional ability and dexterity to perform required work and move about as
needed in a fast-pace, high-intensive, diverse work environment.